Osaka is the capital city of Osaka Prefecture and the largest component of the Keihanshin Metropolitan Area, the second largest metropolitan area in Japan and among the largest in the world with more than 20 million inhabitants.
Osaka has appeared several times in the story, since it the home of Makunouchi Ippo's rival in Sendō Takeshi, and it is where the West Japan Rookie King Tournament, All Japan Rookie King Tournament Finals, and other matches have taken place in Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium. The The Naniwa Tiger Side Story takes place prior to the start of the story.
Characters from Osaka
- Takeshi's Grandmother
- Takeshi's Teacher
- Naniwa Coach
- Ishino Coach
- Three other unnamed children that follow Sendō during his training or hang around his store.
Places of Interest
During Sendō Takeshi training and Takamura Mamoru's travels, there are various real place shown in the background like Tsūtenkaku and Dōtonbori. When Milo Scamaras first toured in Japan, Osaka Castle can be seen. During the Naniwa Tiger Side Story, Sendo's Middle School was shown.
Other Important Locations
- Sendō's Middle School
- Pachinko BOSS
Locations Based From Real Life
- Dōtonbori (道頓堀, Dōtonbori)
- Ebisu Bridge (戎橋筋, Ebisu-bashi-kin)
- Osaka Castle (大坂城, 'Ōsaka Shiro')
- Sendō Takeshi vs. Makunouchi Ippo I - Rookie King Finals
- Sendō Takeshi vs. Alexander Volg Zangief - JBC Featherweight Title Match
- Sendō Takeshi vs. Saeki Takuma - JBC Title Defence
- Sendō Takeshi vs. Shigeta Akira - JBC Title Defence
- Hoshi Hiroyuki vs. Itagaki Manabu